Ready to Work
Workforce Solutions Alamo is proud to be an official partner of the Ready to Work initiative, an unprecedented collaborative created to help San Antonians gain access to training, resources, and high-demand jobs, leading to meaningful careers and a better life.
Workforce Solutions Alamo is Ready to Work, and we’re working daily with our partners in the Alamo Workforce Consortium to ensure that we give every San Antonian the opportunity to better their lives and the lives of their family members through supportive resources and jobs in growing career fields.
Jobs and Careers Start Here
Explore the Ready To Work catalog or view the careers in in-demand fields in San Antonio.
What is Ready to Work?
Ready to Work is an educational and job placement program to help thousands of San Antonians improve their quality of life.
Ready to Work will:
- Provide guidance throughout the process
- Connect you with resources that you need
- Guide you through career planning
- Enroll you in approved courses
- Offer you tuition assistance
- Prepare you for the next level
- Help you secure and retain a well-paid job
Who is eligible for Ready to Work?
- 18 years old when applying for the program
- Permitted to work in the United States
- Resident of the City of San Antonio
- Income less than 250% of federal poverty guidelines ($33,975 for an individual, or $69,375 for a household of four)
- Not currently enrolled in college courses at intake
- Willing to take assessments relating to barriers, academics, skills aptitude, and workplace readiness
- Committed to completing the program
Alamo Workforce Consortium
Workforce Solutions Alamo has launched the Alamo Workforce Consortium. A strategic network designed to meet needs of every job seeker by providing resources for every aspect of life. We are proud to introduce our partners. Stay tuned for more details.