Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA), with support from Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), Texas Veteran Commission (TVC), and partners help to transition service members, veterans and their families in the 13-County Alamo Region to enter or return to the nation’s workforce. We assist with job placement services, job search resources, training programs, resume, job application assistance and career development assistance.
MILITARY TO CIVILIAN TRANSITION RESOURCES
Priority service in all workforce centers locations
Two-day hold on new job postings in Work In Texas to ensure veterans first viewing
Hard-to-Serve Veteran Initiatives
Comprehensive Veteran Initiatives
Match Military Experience to Civilian Occupation
Transfer Military Service Into College Credits
Increase Employability with Work Opportunity Tax Credit (for Employers)
Military Family Support Program
If you are an active duty military spouse and you want to attend training or find a job or both, the Military Family Support Program Career Counselors can help you:
- Explore career options in high demand fields
- Explore options for obtaining work experience
- Help you find the right job and career
- Guide you in the Resume and Interview process
- Understand labor market information
- Must be the spouse of a member of the armed forces on active duty who has experienced job loss due to relocation and permanent change in duty station
- The spouse of a member of the armed forces on active duty and who is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment
- If you are interested in the Military Family Support Program and live in one of our 13 Counties please email, or call during our normal business hours.
- Military Family Support Program Career Counselor
VETERAN RESOURCES & LINKS
- Veterans Health Administration Placement Services – This site provides information on vacancies and careers for many health care occupations within the Veterans Health Administration.
Texas Veterans Commission – Serves veterans, their dependents and survivors, in all matters on Veteran disability benefits and rights.
Bexar County Military and Veterans Service Center – An advocate agency that provides professional and tailored services to the military and veteran communities throughout the Veteran Cycle.
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve – A Department of Defense( DoD) office led and operated by dedicated volunteers, staff whose mission is to gain and sustain the active support of America’s employers for the men and women serving in the Guard and Reserve.
Military Officers Association of America – The nation’s largest and most influential association of military officers. A powerful force, speaking for a strong national defense and representing the interests of military officers and their families at every stage of their careers.
Bexar County Veterans Services Office – An advocate agency established to assist veterans, their dependents, and survivors obtain earned benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The VSO also collaborates with local, state, and federal government agencies, nationally chartered Veterans service organizations, and non-profit agencies to assist clients in obtaining needed specialized services.
Veterans Resource and Career Center – Goodwill San Antonio – Programs and services tailored to help Veterans recognize and translate those military skills into meaningful civilian jobs or careers.
Feds Hire Vets – This is the U.S. Office of Personnel Management Government-wide Veterans employment website. Used for the recruitment and employment of Veterans. Please use this link to begin the Federal Employment Process.
OUR LARGEST HIRING EVENT OF THE YEAR
Workforce Solutions Alamo is hosting the 12th Annual Hiring Red White & You! Veteran’s Hiring Event. This is our largest Hiring Event of the year and is targeted towards Veterans, Transitioning Military, and Military Spouses. This event is also open to the General Public.
🗓️ November 2, 2023
🗺️ Freeman Coliseum, Expo Hall B
📍 3201 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78219
⌚9 AM – 2 PM
- 9 AM – 10 AM: Priority Hour for Veterans, Transitioning Military, and Military Spouses
- Open to the general public from 10 AM – 2 PM