Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) and Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation program (TWS-VRS) are working together to provide a variety of services that assist eligible people with disabilities to prepare and find, retain, or advance in competitive integrated employment. It helps youth and students with post-secondary opportunities. We can assist employers with recruiting, hiring, retaining, and accommodating employees with disabilities through customized services, disability awareness training and presentations, worksite and job process assessments, referrals, and more.
Who is eligible for services?
You may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services if you:
- Have a disability which results in substantial barriers to employment
- Require services to prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment
- Are able to obtain, retain or adance in employment as a result of services
Disabilities Served through Vocational Rehabilitation:
- Blindness or Significant Visual Impairments
- Deaf Blindness
- Deafness, or other Hearing Impairments
- Neuro-developmental disabilities including Autism, ADHD, Intellectual, Learning, Tourette’s & other developmental disabilities.
- Physical disabilities, including: traumatic brain & spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, paralysis, or any impairment in movement.
- Other Physical or mental conditions
- Behavioral and Mental Health Conditions
- Alcoholism or drug addiction
Get help preparing for, obtaining, retaining or advancing in your employment through the following individualized services. Services are based on eligibility and your individual needs.
Services to Assist with Employment
Services may be provided to help you prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment, including (as needed):
- Vocational counseling and guidance
- Referrals for hearing, visual and other examinations
- Assistance with medical appointments and treatment
- Rehabilitation deceives, including hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial limbs and braces
- Therapy to address a disability, including occupational or speech therapy and applied behavioral analysis
- Physical restoration services
- Medical, psychological and vocational assessments
- Assistance with college education or trade certification
- On-the-job training
- Training in workplace and employer expectations
- Vocational adjustment training
- Rehabilitation Teachers Services to help you learn Braille, orientation & mobility, and home and health management skills if you are blind or have a visual impairment
- Supported employment
Job Matching & Placement Services
- Transportation assistance to and from you job, including travel vouchers and vehicle modifications
- Follow-up and supported employment services to help you maintain employment
- Referral o Business Enterprises of Texas program, Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center and other state, federal and community agencies and organizations
Services may include:
- Referral to community support systems, such as peer support and advocacy organizations.
- Vocational counseling and guidance, including exploring employment options and postsecondary education programs with high school students who have disabilities
- Required assessments to determine eligibility and VR needs
- Interpreter services for people who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Needs assessment of assistive technology
- Assistive devices such as hearing aids, prosthetics, braces, and wheelchairs to improve functioning on the job
- Assistive technology and training, including training to use hearing aids, Braille, low-vision aids, and other types of technology to improve communication, access to information, and performance of job functions
- Orientation and mobility training for participants who are blind.
- Speech, physical and occupational therapies
- Outpatient psychiatric and psychological services
- Personal assistance services
- Medical treatment to reduce or remove barriers to employment
- Work-based learning experiences for high school students with disabilities, such as job shadowing, volunteer work, internships, and summer employment
- Training in behaviors that are expected by employers in a work environment
- Job coaches and support for customized employment, self-employment, and supported employment
- College, technical and on-the-job training
- Return-to-work, job retention, job development, and job placement assistance
- Instruction in self-advocacy
Youth & Student Services
Youth & Student Services
Get help preparing for the post-secondary education and employment through the following individualized services. Services are based on eligibility and your individual need, and are provided in collaboration with the family, high school, community college, or Educational Service Center.
Pre-Employment Transition Services
Receive core services, as needed, to help prepare for post-secondary education and employment opportunities:
- Vocational counseling, including counseling in job exploration and post-secondary training opportunities
- Counseling on opportunities for post-secondary education such as college, vocational schools, ect.
- Work-based learning experiences, including internships and on-the-job training
- Training in workplace and employer expectations
- Training in self-advocacy and social skills
Apply for Services
If you are a person with a disability, or a family member of a person with a disability, to learn more about or apply for services:
- Contact you nearest Texas Workforce Solutions - Vocational Rehabilitation Services office
- Contact TWC Vocational Rehabilitation Inquiries
- Call: 512-936-6400
- Email: email@example.com. In your email, include your name, phone and address including city, state and ZIP code. Do not include your Social Security Number or birthdate.
Start My VR
If you have a mental or physical impairment that has impacted your ability to find or keep a job, Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWS-VRS) may be able to assist you.
Together with Workforce Solutions Alamo, TWS-VRS provides Texans with disabilities an array of workforce and support services that help you prepare for, find, retain and advance in employment. The newly launched Start My VR is an online self-referral form that offers a convenient way for Texans with disabilities to take the first step toward employment by meeting with VR staff to learn about Vocational Rehabilitation Services and meet with a VR Counselor. Get started today by visiting Start My VR and taking three easy steps.
Through the partnership between Workforce Solutions Alamo and TWC-VRS, the VRS offices are co-located within many Workforce Solutions Alamo Career Centers.
Individualized services are provided through VR staff co-located at offices across the our area and may include:
- Assessment for eligibility, career exploration, and planning for employment.
- Disability supports through counseling, therapies, treatments, or assistive devices.
- Training to enhance and expand employment skills through work readiness training, work-based learning experiences, professional training to earn a credential or certificate or work readiness training.
- Job search assistance to help you find competitive integrated employment and support once you are on the job.
Please see the tables below for a list of these locations.
|South Alamo – Wurzbach||5309 Wurzbach, Suite 102|
San Antonio, TX 78238
Fax: (210) 522-8036
|South Alamo – S. Flores||6723 S. Flores, Suite 100|
San Antonio, TX 78221
Fax: (210) 921-7256
|North Alamo – DataPoint||9725 Datapoint Drive, Suite 200|
San Antonio, TX 78229
Fax: (210) 933-2196
|North Alamo – Nacagdoches||10303 Nacogdoches Road|
San Antonio, TX 78217
Fax: (210) 590-5769
|Seguin||1500 E Court St #444|
Seguin, TX 78155
Fax: (830) 379-1988
|Pearsall & Atascosa County||107 E. Hackberry Street|
Pearsall, TX 78061
Fax: (830) 334-9071
|New Braunfels||183 IH 35 South|
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Fax: (830) 620-8446
|Kerrville||1700 Sidney Baker Street #500|
Kerrville, TX 78028
Fax: (830) 896-0156
Vocational Rehabilitation Brochures & More Information
Please explore TWC Vocational Rehabilitation Services brochures for more information below by clicking on the linked PDFs.