How Can We Help?
Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) Procurement Department is responsible for managing the procurement of goods and services operations. We are committed to conducting procurement acquisitions to the maximum extent practical, in a manner providing full and open competition consistent with the standards of Office of Management and Budget Circulars, the Grant Management Common Rule, Uniform Grant Management Standards, and the Texas Workforce Commission Procurement Manual. The procurement department takes necessary and affirmative steps to contract with small and minority business firms and other Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) when possible.
UPDATE: As of May 1, 2021, to learn about bid opportunities, please register for free with the WSA’s Bonfire Portal: https://workforcesolutionsalamo.bonfirehub.com/portal. All formal bidding proposals and subsequent addendums and awards will be published there. Vendors will be able to access solicitation documents and submit proposals through the portal. If there are any additional questions please email email@example.com.
Goods & Services We Buy
Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) makes purchases on the open market using various solicitation methods to include informal requests, formal requests, or utilizing Purchasing Cooperative contracts. Procurement methods may vary by dollar threshold in accordance with the Texas Workforce Commissions – Financial Manual for Grants and Contracts.
- Micro-Purchases: Threshold of $0-$10,000 per purchase.
- Purchases made based on a quote(s) may be authorized and paid using a purchasing order or WSA purchasing card.
- Small Purchases: All purchases that exceed the micro-purchase threshold between $10,000 and $250,000.
- Purchases made based on an informal request with a minimum of three quotes, with attempts made to obtain at least two quotes from Small, Minority, Women and/or Veteran Owned Business Enterprises (SMWVBE), which may be accessed from the Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program list through The State of Texas Comptrollers website.
- Competitive Bids: This method of procurement is appropriate when purchasing goods/services for which the aggregate cost exceeds the simplified acquisition threshold of $250,000.
Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
- Invoices must be submitted to Workforce Solutions Alamo, WSA according to the instructions on the PO to the named individual and the address indicated on the PO. Invoice must show Workforce Solutions Alamo as the receiving agency.
- Invoices must include the name and address of Vendor, which must be identical to the information stated on the PO.
- The WSA PO number and date of the PO must be shown on all invoice copies.
- Invoice must have description of each item. Item numbers must be shown to correspond with the item numbers on the PO.
- Quantity and date delivered, unit of measure specified, and total price of each item must be shown, all prices extended on the invoice, with all extensions on the invoice totaled, and the grand total shown.
- Discounts, if applicable, must be stated, extended, and deducted to arrive at a Net Total for the invoice.
- Trade-in values must be stated on the invoice.
- Payment shall be made in accordance with Chapter 2251 of the Texas Government Code, commonly known as the Texas Prompt Payment Act. Chapter 2251 governs remittance of payment and remedies for late payment and non-payment.
- In no event shall use of the product by WSA, for any purpose during any phase of the acceptance testing, constitute acceptance of any product by WSA.
- Prior to any payment being made, the goods or services being invoiced must have been received and accepted by WSA.
All applicable federal statues, regulations, policies, and guidance as presently in effect and as may become effective during the term of this Award.
• Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Guidance at 2 C.F.R. Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements and 2 C.F.R. Part 2900, Department of Labor (DOL) exceptions to 2 C.F.R. Part 200; and
• Approved Local Workforce Development Board Plan including modifications and amendments including: § 38.25 A grant applicant’s obligation to provide a written assurance, and defined in § 38.4
- Additional WSA Contracting Terms