How Can We Help?
Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) Procurement Department is responsible for managing the procurement of goods and services operations. We are committed to conducting procurement acquisitions to the maximum extent practical, in a manner providing full and open competition consistent with the standards of Office of Management and Budget Circulars, the Grant Management Common Rule, Uniform Grant Management Standards, and the Texas Workforce Commission Procurement Manual. The procurement department takes necessary and affirmative steps to contract with small and minority business firms and other Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) when possible.
UPDATE: As of May 1, 2021, to learn about bid opportunities, please register for free with the WSA’s Bonfire Portal: https://workforcesolutionsalamo.bonfirehub.com/portal. All formal bidding proposals and subsequent addendums and awards will be published there. Vendors will be able to access solicitation documents and submit proposals through the portal. If there are any additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goods & Services We Buy
Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) makes purchases on the open market by informal requests, formal requests, or utilizing State of Texas Cooperative contract. We make purchases based on dollar ranges:
- Micro-Purchases: Threshold of $0-$3,000 per purchase
- Purchases made based on a quote(s) may be authorized and paid using a purchasing order or purchasing card
- Small Purchases: All purchases that exceed the micro-purchase threshold of $3,000 -$150,000
- Purchases made based on an informal request with a minimum of three quotes, with attempts made to obtain at least two quotes from Small, Women or Minority Owned Businesses
- Competitive Bids: This method of procurement is appropriate when purchasing goods/services for which the aggregate cost exceeds the simplified acquisition threshold of $150,000