Hiring Red, White & You!
Workforce Solutions Alamo is hosting the 9th Hiring Red White & You! This event is a partnership between Texas Workforce Commission, Texas Veteran’s Commission, Texas Medical Center, the Governor’s Office, and the 28 local Workforce Boards.
- November 5, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Veterans Priority Service
Over 150 employers and veteran organizations will be available for job opportunities and resources. Since 2011, Hiring Red, White and You has connected more than 98,600 job seekers, including transitioning service members, veterans and spouses. The event will be virtual this year and can more easily connect servicemen, servicewomen and community members to job opportunities.
This is a virtual event held on the Premier Virtual platform. We recommend to get familiar with the software by logging in, building your profile, and possibly attending another virtual hiring event before this. For list of events please see our calendar.
On Premier Virtual you can:
- Send messages to employers and resource booths.
- Be invited to Video interviews if the employer is having them that day.
- Visit virtual booths of employers and resources, explore job openings, and submit your resume.
- Click here for tutorials from Premier Virtual.
If you are an employer interested in hiring transitioning veterans, military spouses and the general public in Hiring Red, White & You! please email our Business Services team at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I attend this event if I am not a Veteran, transitioning service member, or military spouse?
- Yes! This event opens to the general public at 12 p.m. and lasts until 3 p.m.
- What is the “Veterans Resource Village?”
- The Veterans Resource Village has transition resources from education, entrepreneur, government and nonprofit entities that can assist you as you map your strategic plan for the next phase of your career.
- Can I participate using a smart phone?
- Yes. Premier Virtual operates via an internet connection. No additional software needs to be downloaded, however particular employers may also be holding video interviews the day of the event.
- Can I join the event the day of without pre-registering?
- Yes, however pre-registration is encouraged so you can familiarize yourself with the platform before the day of the event.
- Do you offer Wi-Fi access?
- Yes. We offer free parking lot Wi-Fi access at the following Workforce Solutions Alamo Career Center Locations: Boerne, Datapoint, E Houston, Floresville, Hondo, Kenedy, Kerrville, New Braunfels, Pearsall, South Flores, Walzem, and Seguin. For map of our Career Center locations please click here.
- All media inquiries please click here.
Countdown to Hiring Red, White & You!
Thank you to our 2020 Hiring Red, White & You! Planning Committee Members.
- Texas Workforce Commission
- Joint Base San Antonio
- Bexar County
- City of San Antonio
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas Veterans Leadership Program
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) Alamo Chapter
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS)
- United Services Organizations (USO)
- Alamo Area Council Area of Governments (AACOG)
- Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union (RBFCU)
Warrior Welcome Central Texas
Texas Workforce Solutions boards are banding together to host five unique job fairs — covering 36 counties from Waco to San Antonio — to empower Texans transitioning from uniformed service to a skilled workforce.
- Warrior Welcome Central Texas is made possible by:
- Workforce Solutions Alamo, Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area, Workforce Solutions Capital Area, Workforce Solutions of Central Texas, and Workforce Solutions Heart of Texas
- Visit WarriorWelcome.com