Texas Workforce Commission is hosting a Customer Service Representative Virtual Hiring Event on November 9, 2023 from 10 AM - 4 PM.
Steps for this Virtual Hiring Event:
- Complete the online State of Texas application prior to the event by clicking here
- Complete the online assessment
There is an opportunity to interview virtually for this position if the candidate gets selected based on their state application and mandatory assessment.
The Central Texas Tele-Center is seeking to fill Customer Service Representative (CSR II) positions responsible for handling Unemployment Benefit applications, unemployment program inquiries, and benefit eligibility. This position is based at 4801 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, but is eligible for telecommuting from anywhere in the state of Texas or hybrid (in office & telecommuting)
Who We Are: The mission of the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is to promote and support a workforce system that creates value and offers employers, individuals, and communities the opportunity to achieve and sustain economic prosperity. We have an incredibly noble public service mission, and the Central Texas Tele-Center is the front line in supporting individuals as they navigate through the UI benefit claim filing and eligibility process. We strive to provide information and guidance to our customers who are adapting to a life change and looking to find their next career.
TWC is a great place to work. In our call center, frontline CSRs learn valuable customer service, problem-solving and decision-making skills that transfer to other positions. We also offer great benefits, the option to telework and have leaders that value continuous improvement, teamwork, innovation, and work-life balance.
Who You Are:
A Texas resident with professional communication skills who can provide exemplary customer service while obtaining unemployment (UI) benefit information and providing unemployment program information to our customers so they understand their next steps.
To be successful as a Customer Service Representative, you will have a passion for serving people and be able to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a supportive team.
Successful candidates will:
- Be able to successfully complete the CSR II training program
- Have great listening skills, interpersonal and communication skills, and professional, pleasant, and respectful telephone etiquette.
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced, constantly changing, hybrid work environment
- Have excellent data entry, typing and computer navigational skills
- Have knowledge or experience in customer service principles
- Adapt to call center telephone and technology requirements
- Quickly learn unemployment insurance program rules and regulations
- Have a proven track record of good judgment and decision making at work
- Understand the importance of being at work when scheduled
- Be open to feedback and have a professional approach to implementing it
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Processing UI claims over the phone and data entering information into benefit system and databases
- Responding to and resolving routine UI inquiries received both through inbound calls, and online callback forms
- Ensuring a positive and exemplary experience with all customers
- Providing accurate, valid, and complete information to customers using the right methods and tools
- Calming upset or emotional customers by providing a composed and professional demeanor. Identifies and escalates priority issues for resolution
- Documenting all customer contacts and accurately processes documents or pending issues
- Gathering facts and issuing eligibility determinations
- Providing information on unemployment insurance claims provisions, rules, policies, processes, and requirements to claimants and employers
- Researching information in benefit system to address customer inquiries or issues
- Providing information about the appeal process to claimants or employers, as applicable
- Remaining flexible and assisting with additional tasks as needed for the success of the department and division
You Are a Great Fit:
- Experience in a government benefits or other benefits/insurance program
- Handling of applications and eligibility determination experience
-Prior customer service and/or call-center experience
- Ability to type 40 words per minute with minimal errors
- Experience using computers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
You Qualify With:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or successful completion of GED certification, plus one year experience in customer service, clerical or administrative support work
- Fifteen semester hours of accredited college work may be substituted for each six months of the required experience
- One year of full-time call center experience in a customer service representative capacity will satisfy the minimum qualifications
- Six months of full-time in-service experience classified as a Customer Service Representative II or Claims Examiner II, or a Workforce Development Specialist II with regular status will satisfy the minimum qualifications
- Must be a Texas resident
- A Family Friendly Certified Workplace.
- Competitive salary: $2,877.54/month
- Defined Retirement Benefit Plan
- Optional 401(k) and 457 accounts
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- Additional benefits for active employees can be found at https://www.ers.texas.gov/Active-Employees/Health-Benefits.
This is a career ladder position with the opportunity to advance within the established career ladder structure after meeting minimum qualifications, competency requirements, and time in position. Work schedule will be set within the hours of 7am-6pm Monday-Friday. Occasional overtime (evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be required during unexpected events.
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs! Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications, and skill sets. Also, you can compare this position to military occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor's Office by pasting this link into your browser: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
How to Apply:
To be considered, register at Work in Texas (www.workintexas.com) or Taleo
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information. A position utilizing this classification will be designated as security sensitive according to the Texas Labor Code, Section 301.042.
TWC is not considering applications from persons who require scholarships for an employment Visa.
A position utilizing this classification will be designated as security sensitive according to the Texas Labor Code, Section 301.042.
Workforce Solutions Alamo is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Relay Texas (800) 735-2989 (TDD) or (800) 735-2988 Voice.
Organizer of TWC Hiring Event
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org