Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) and Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation program (TWS-VRS) are working together to provide a variety of services that assist eligible people with disabilities to prepare and find, retain, or advance in competitive integrated employment. It helps youth and students with post-secondary opportunities. We can assist employers with recruiting, hiring, retaining, and accommodating employees with disabilities through customized services, disability awareness training and presentations, worksite and job process assessments, referrals, and more.
Who is eligible for services?
A person is eligible for Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation Program if he or she meets all of the following requirements:
- Has a physical or mental disability that results in substantial barriers to preparing for, obtaining, engaging in, retaining, or advancing in employment.
- Requires vocational rehabilitation program services to help you train for an occupation, hire and maintain a job, or promote in your employment position.
- You can benefit from services, as determined by the ability to obtain, retain, or advance in competitive integrated employment upon completion of a vocational rehabilitation program service.
Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation Program serves people with a variety of disabilities including, but not limited to:
- Blindness and visual impairments
- Hearing impairments, including deafness and hearing loss
- Mental and behavioral health conditions
- Physical disabilities: Cerebral palsy, Spinal cord injury Amputation, Multiple sclerosis, Spina bifida, Musculoskeletal injuries for example back injury, Arthritis, Muscular dystrophy
- Traumatic brain injuries and seizure disorders
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Other physical or mental conditions that impact a person’s ability to obtain, retain or advance in competitive integrated employment
Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation Program services are individualized to meet the needs of each participant. Services support the development of knowledge, skills, abilities, resources, and behaviors needed to reach the employment goal.
Services may include:
- Referral to community support systems, such as peer support and advocacy organizations.
- Vocational counseling and guidance, including exploring employment options and postsecondary education programs with high school students who have disabilities
- Required assessments to determine eligibility and VR needs
- Interpreter services for people who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Needs assessment of assistive technology
- Assistive devices such as hearing aids, prosthetics, braces, and wheelchairs to improve functioning on the job
- Assistive technology and training, including training to use hearing aids, Braille, low-vision aids, and other types of technology to improve communication, access to information, and performance of job functions
- Orientation and mobility training for participants who are blind.
- Speech, physical and occupational therapies
- Outpatient psychiatric and psychological services
- Personal assistance services
- Medical treatment to reduce or remove barriers to employment
- Work-based learning experiences for high school students with disabilities, such as job shadowing, volunteer work, internships, and summer employment
- Training in behaviors that are expected by employers in a work environment
- Job coaches and support for customized employment, self-employment, and supported employment
- College, technical and on-the-job training
- Return-to-work, job retention, job development, and job placement assistance
- Instruction in self-advocacy
|South Alamo – Wurzbach||5309 Wurzbach, Suite 102|
San Antonio, TX 78238
Fax: (210) 522-8036
|South Alamo – S. Flores||6723 S. Flores, Suite 100|
San Antonio, TX 78221
Fax: (210) 921-7256
|North Alamo – DataPoint||9725 Datapoint Drive, Suite 200|
San Antonio, TX 78229
Fax: (210) 933-2196
|North Alamo – Nacagdoches||10303 Nacogdoches Road|
San Antonio, TX 78217
Fax: (210) 590-5769
|Seguin||1500 E Court St #444|
Seguin, TX 78155
Fax: (830) 379-1988
|Pearsall & Atascosa County||107 E. Hackberry Street|
Pearsall, TX 78061
Fax: (830) 334-9071
|New Braunfels||183 IH 35 South|
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Fax: (830) 620-8446
|Kerrville||1700 Sidney Baker Street #500|
Kerrville, TX 78028
Fax: (830) 896-0156