ON THE JOB TRAINING & PAID WORK EXPERIENCE
Workforce Solutions Alamo is partnering with San Antonio employers to offer On-the-Job Training opportunities to area residents whose employment was affected by COVID-19. If you are looking to get back to work and to improve your skills, browse our available opportunities and apply today!
Upon submission, your application will be received by Workforce Solutions Alamo and one of our dedicated Career Counselors will reach out to you to determine if you are eligible for the opportunity. We use this process to evaluate all interested candidates for On-the-Job Training opportunities with our employer partners and to ensure the opportunity is right for you!
What is on the job training?
- Hands on experience
- Learn a new skill
- Open vacancies with opportunity for full time employment after completion
- Trainees may earn up to $450 stipends a week if enrolled City of San Antonio initiatives
- Program ranges 8 weeks – 12 weeks
- Trainees are guaranteed an interview for vacant positions
- City of San Antonio residents eligible
Not sure you meet the requirements or you would like information about additional training opportunities? Call us during normal business hours at (210) 224-4357 for more information.
Eligibility disclaimer: Applying does not guarantee a job. Additional eligibility is required for these programs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I’m not a City of San Antonio Resident. Can I participate?
- The City of San Antonio have special initiatives, however residents of our other counties may still be eligible for WIOA or other programs that have a work experience component, or on the job training component.
- How long does it hear back if I am qualified for a position?
- You will be contacted within three business days.
- Will I hear back even if I don’t qualify?
- Yes, you will be contacted regardless. We have other programs you may qualify for.
When applying for these positions you are not applying directly to the companies represented. These applications are for screening clients for these training programs with the particular employer you submit for.
Click the button to see the on the job training jobs listed together and apply, or apply on this page.