JOB SEEKERS COVID-19 RESOURCES
I AM A JOB SEEKER EMPLOYER
If you recently lost your job due to the economic disruptions of COVID-19 or changes in the economy, we can help. Workforce Solutions Alamo can assist you in finding a new job or training for a higher-skilled role in a new occupation. Access to our Career Centers has been modified to be by appointment only. We are no longer serving walk-in clients. We encourage you to contact your local Career Center via phone or email, or register online for one of WSA’s upcoming career center orientations:
Bexar County Workforce Center Services Orientations, Monday-Thursday, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Rural Workforce Center Services Orientations, Tuesday-Friday, 3:00-4:00 p.m., (Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina, and Wilson Counties)
How to Apply for Unemployment
Workforce Solutions Alamo is your local navigator to unemployment resources. You can learn more about how to complete, submit, and confirm an Unemployment Insurance application online at the TWC website.
- Video Tutorial: How to Apply for Texas Unemployment Benefits
- Video Tutorial: How to Use Larry the Chatbot on the TWC Website
- Submit Your Documents to TWC Online
- Frequently Asked Questions about Unemployment Insurance Benefits Related to COVID-19
- How to Apply for Unemployment Benefits Online
- How to create a user ID and password
- TWC Unemployment Benefit Claim Help & Resources
- Unemployment Guidance for Self-Employed, Contract, and Gig Workers
- Video: Filing for Assistance as a Self-Employed or Contract Worker
Wondering how to change your payment information or file an appeal? Find the answers to these questions and more at the TWC website.
To apply for Unemployment Benefits, check claim status, and general Unemployment information:
Having trouble filing an unemployment claim online? TWC’s Unemployment Benefit System online portal is available 24 hours a day but is experiencing a high volume of visitors. TWC is seeing lower volume on the online portal between 10:00 p.m. and 8 a.m. You may want to try back during those hours to file your claim or check the status of your claim.
Explore New Job Opportunities
Please utilize WorkInTexas.com, a free, online, job resource tool brought to you by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Video Tutorial: How to use WSA’s Jobs Now to search for employers hiring now
- Video Tutorial: How to Register for Work In Texas
Please call the center nearest you.
If your employment has been affected by COVID-19, we can help. You may reach us at:
Phone: (210) 224-HELP (4357)
- Please visit Texas Workforce Commission for more Resources. Please click here.
- Learn More About Employment rights during a declared disaster here.
- For More Community Resources click here.
- Making Smart Financial Decisions after Job Dislocation
- TDCJ Corrections Officer Pre-Employment Test Exemption
- Important Info for Nurse Practitioners: Waivers, Regulations, and Policies Related to COVID-19
- Free access to CompTIA IT Fundamentals e-learning for anyone thinking about working in IT
- EMSI Job Seeker tools including Resume Optimizer
- Project QUEST’s Skills Training
- Aero-Accelerated Workforce Skills Training Initiative / Texas Talent Connection Grant
- Project QUEST