Information for Providers

How do I become a Child Care Services (CCS) provider?

Potential CCS providers must:

  • Have a current license from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) as a child care center, licensed child care home or a registered child care home or Operated and monitored by the United States Military Services. If you do not have a valid license; please contact Child Care Licensing at 210-337-3399.
  • Not have an outstanding balance owed to the CCS Program.
  • Not be debarred from any other State or Federal Programs.

Sign-Up Process

Fill out the Provider Packet online at or contact CCS to be sent a paper packet.  The forms in the Provider Packet must be completed with the name that shows on your license or registration.

The required documents are listed below:

  • A copy of your Federal Employer Identification number (EIN) from the IRS or Social Security card if you do not have an EIN
  • A copy of your current Texas driver’s license (for Licensed and Registered Child Care Homes)
  • A Parent Handbook that relates to your services
  • A signed bank statement
  • W9 Form

Return documents by postal mail, email, in person or fax:

       Child Care Services (Attn: Cherri Smith), 1499 Hillcrest, Suite 103, San Antonio, TX  78228

       Fax (210) 277-2718

Once the provider packet and documents have been received; a review process will be initiated.  If anything is needed; you will be contacted.  You may view a copy of the Provider Regulated handbook here.


  • Infant – 0 to 17 months
  • Toddler – 18 to 35 months
  • Preschool – 36 to 71 months
  • School-age – 72 months until the child’s 13th birthday


Current Maximum Reimbursement Daily Rates.

new rates 1




Texas Rising Star


TRS Provider certification is a process for improving the quality of child care services provided in Texas. A TRS Provider is a child care provider that has an agreement with Child Care Services (CCS) to serve Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) subsidized children and that voluntarily meets requirements that exceed the State’s Minimum Licensing Standards for child care facilities. The TRS certification system provides graduated levels of certification as providers meet progressively higher certification requirements. Certification as a TRS Provider is available to Licensed Center, Licensed Child Care Home, and Registered Child Care Home providers who meet the certification criteria. The process improves the quality of child care provided, not only to TWC subsidized children, but to all children enrolled in certified facilities. TRS certified providers are eligible for an enhanced reimbursement rate.

Click here for TRS Guidelines.

Quality Partnership Initiative

The Quality Partnership Initiative is designed to increase the number of and access to high-quality early education and school-age care in the Alamo region.  We focus on child care program support through quality mentoring, training, and education in order to help your program reach its goal of achieving and maintaining Texas Rising Star Certification.  The benefits of our program include one-on-one mentoring, technical assistance, priority for professional development opportunities, as well as financial incentives.  To get started on a path of continuous quality improvement, please click on the links for the provider letter and mentoring application.

Submit Online Interest Form

Guidelines to Receive Mentoring

Mentoring Application

Please call 210-582-1554 or email if you’re interested in becoming a TRS provider in the Alamo region.

Training Opportunities & Resources

  • Go to the ReadyKidSA website Click “Provider Resources”, then click on “Professional Development Calendar”.
  • Go to the Family Service Association’s website at Click on “Our Services”, then “Child Care Resource & Referral”, then “Providers”.
  • Go to the San Antonio Association for the Education of Young Children at Click on Calendar.
  • Go to the Family & Consumer Science section of the Texas Cooperative Extension’s website at You may also contact the Extension agent at (210) 467-6575 for Bexar County, (830) 257-6568 for Kerr, Kendall, Gillespie, Bandera & Medina Counties. Call (512) 393-2120 for Guadalupe & Wilson counties.
  • Go to the Southern Early Childhood Association’s website at
  • Go to the National Association for Regulatory Administration’s website at
  • Go to the National Child Care Association’s website at or call 1-800-543-7161.
  • Go to the National Association for Family Child Care’s (NAFCC) website at
  • Go to the Texas Licensed Child Care Association’s website at
  • Go to the Council for Professional Recognition’s website at
  • Go to Texas Early Care and Education Career Development System- TECECDS ( for the Texas Trainer Registry, which is a database of qualified trainers all across Texas in the early childhood field.
  • Go to Texas Agrilife Extension website at
Translate »